Going on Vacation?

If you are going on vacation, there are multiple things that you can do to help ensure your home and property is safe while you are away. 

1) Have the United States Postal Service hold your mail. This service can be requested and completed online at https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail/  or, you can call 1-800-275-8777.  Online requests can be made up to 30 days in advance.  All call requests should be completed 24 hours in advance of your leaving.

2)  Have the Thomas Township Police perform house checks.  If you are going to be away from the area for five (5) or more days, you can request that the Thomas Township Police Department drive by your home.  You can make this request on line at the following link, http://www.thomastwp.org/departments-services/police-department/request-for-security-check  you can also call the Police Department at (989) 781-1300.

3)  Have the Saginaw News hold your newspaper.  Call The Saginaw News at (989) 752-7171.  This ensures that the newspapers do not pile up outside the home, alerting someone that you are not home.