The Thomas Township Police Department supports and enforces the Saginaw County House Numbering Ordinance. The ordinance states that all homes and businesses shall:
- Display numbers in numerals no less than three (3) inches tall and visible from the street.
- If the structure is 90 feet or more from the roadway, the number must appear on a sign within 10 feet of the driveway and no more than 20 feet from the road.
- Numbers cannot go on grouped mailboxes. The display must indicate which number goes with which house.
- Saginaw County sheriff deputies and Thomas Township police officers may issue civil infractions citations, starting with a warning letter and escalating to a $200 fine plus costs for the fourth and following violations.
- Violations are to be corrected within 30 days after receiving a notice.