Skip to content
- The Thomas Township Fire Department is made up of residents of Thomas Township.
- The department is about 30 members strong, responding from two fire stations in the township.
- The department is led by a full-time Chief, and also has a full-time Fire Inspector / Fire Prevention officer and an additional part-time Fire Prevention staff member and an Administrative Assistant.
- The rest of the department is comprised of paid-on-call firefighters who respond from home when notified by pager.
- All firefighters must complete a 300-hour fire academy course and be certified as a Medical First Responder. In addition, there are two trainings a month for firefighters.
- The department responds not only to fires but car crashes, downed wires, brush fires and medical emergencies. Medical emergencies comprise approximately 70% of our calls.
- The department averages over 800 calls a year.