Where do my property tax dollars go?

Thoms Township collects property taxes for all the local Thomas Township units including Fire, Police and Library.  The township treasurer is also responsible for collecting taxes for Swan Valley, Freeland and Hemlock school districts, the State Education Tax and taxes for various Saginaw County units.  Taxes are collected and distributed to the agencies on a weekly basis from July 1 through February 28. 

Where my tax dollars go

 2012-2013 Millage Breakdown