Thomas Township offers a wide variety of recreation opportunities for kids and adults.
- Soccer – Thomas Township Soccer is currently constructing 3 full size soccer fields located in Roberts Park. We offer non competitive programs in the spring and fall for ages Y-5 to 6th grade.
- Boys Basketball -For boys in 2nd grade through 5th grade we offer basketball programs with games on Saturday’s. Each child will be assigned a coach and have practices during week. All games are officiated do kids can learn the rules of the game.
- Girls Basketball – For girls in 2nd grade through 5th grade we offer basketball programs with games on Saturday’s. Each child will be assigned a coach and have practices during week. All games are officiated do kids can learn the rules of the game
- Floor Hockey – Our floor hockey program is for girls and boys and runs from the end of February through March. Kids from y-5 through 6th grade can play.
- Soccer Clinics – Our soccer clinics run from the end of February through March. This program is for boys and girls ages 4-8. Kids will learn about ball control and other basic soccer skills.
- Archery – Archery is a new program which offers two different programs. Basic Archery is for kids and adults who have never shot a bow or just want to work on form and get some pointers on shooting. Explore Bowhunting is a program where kids and adults can learn about how to use trail cameras, built blinds, use compasses, calling turkeys and other hunting/woodsman skills. These programs are offered year round. All equipment is provided.
- Day Camps – We offer a summer Day Camp at Roethke Park for kids ages 7-12 and runs Monday -Friday 9am-4pm. Each week has a theme and a field trip! Camp begins in June and ends in August.
- Train – In 1973 Thomas Township began operating the train at Roethke Park. The train runs on 3/4 of a mile of track and seats over 30 passengers. The train hours begin mid June and runs until mid August from Noon – 4pm Saturday and Sunday. Cost is $1.00 per person.
- Fishing – Roethke Park has a stocked fishing pond with two fishing plateforms, the pond has bass, blue gill , carp and catfish. All fish must be released as this is a Catch and Release area.
- Senior Citizen programs - Thomas Township offers a potluck and bingo for its senior citizens the first Wednesday of the month at 12 noon. They meet from September through June.
- Men’s Softball – We offer a Tuesday and Wednesday night men’s league. Games start at 6:15pm, we play double headers, game average an hour.
- Girls Softball – We offer softball for ages 10 and under, 12 and under and 14 and under. Girls will be assigned a coach and play two games a week. Games start the last part of May and extend through the end of June.
- Softball Tournaments – We have two softball tournaments, Shields Festival which is in June and Roberts Challenge which is in August.
- Pool -Our pool is located at Roethke Park, we have a shallow 3 foot end and a deep 9 foot end. We offer day and season passes for the pool. We also offer swim lessons all summer long. Roethke Park Pool Hours
- Concerts at Roethke Park
June 19 Empty Pockets (Rock Variety)
June 26 The Beets ( Wide variety from Top 40 to Oldies)
July 10 The Country Reunion Band with Butch Heath (Country)
July 17 Brush Street with Julie Mulady (Jazz/Blues)
July 24 Trinidad (Calypso)
July 31 Still Rain (Rock, Top 40, Modern Country)
August 7 CEYX (All Varities)
August 14 The Rock Show (Rock, Classic Rock)
August 21 Laurie Middlebrook Band (Country)