Trick or Treat hours will be from 5:30 to 7:30 on Halloween Night
The Thomas Township Police Department is accepting applications from September 6, 2016 until the close of business on October 7, 2016 for the position of Full-time Police Officer. Qualified applicants will be highly motivated and career oriented.
Thomas Township is located in western Saginaw County serving a population of 12,000 residents, a medium sized business district and some light commercial manufacturing.
The Police Department is a full service agency and has an authorized strength of 8 full-time sworn officers and 2 part-time civilian staff.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- United States citizen
- Possess at a minimum an Associate’s Degree or have 60 college credits, with passing grades from an accredited college or university
- Have no felony convictions, misdemeanor convictions will be considered on a case by case basis
- Possess a valid Michigan driver’s license with a very good driving record
- Be Certifiable at the time of appointment through the Michigan Commission on Law enforcement Standards (MCOLES)
- Obtain a passing score on the Empco reading/writing exam. Go to www.empco.net for exam dates and locations
- Successfully complete all phases of the selection process
- Be of good moral character and have strong interpersonal skills
Wages and Benefits
- Starting wage – $35,176
- Top wage after 5 years – $53,836
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances
- Employer funded 403b pension program
- Annual leave -88 hours after 1 year, 132 hours after 2 years, 64 hours of sick time
- Holidays – 11 per year
- Uniforms and equipment provided
To apply go to www.thomastwp.org for an employment application or one can be picked up in person at the Police Department, located at 8215 Shields Dr., Saginaw, MI 48609. Attach a copy of your resume and mail to the above address. Thomas Township is an equal opportunity employer.
The Saginaw County Sheriff’s Department is once again beginning their deceased wild animal pickup for the season. If you have or see a dead deer, or other NON-DOMESTICATED animal in the road, please call (989) 790-5441. For domesticated animals (dogs and cats) you should continue to use the Saginaw County Animal Control at (989) 797-4500.
Drinking water quality has been the focus of the local and national news lately. Though our drinking water customers are served by the Saginaw Water Treatment Plant, it is totally independent of the problematic water systems located elsewhere and enjoys reliable and safe drinking water because of the hard work of many dedicated professionals. Highly trained and certified staff works around the clock to deliver your water each day, with hundreds of laboratory tests completed daily just to make sure that your drinking water meets or surpasses all federal and state requirements.
Under the federal Clean Water Act, each public water system is to provide its customers with a Water Quality Report each year. The report shows specific water quality parameters and test results. To view the 2015 Water Quality Report, please click the link.
Brush Drop Off Dates for 2016 are as follows;
April 2016 – 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
May 2016 – 7, 21
June 2016 – 4, 18
July 2016 – 16, 30
August 2016 – 13, 27
September 2016 – 10, 24
October 2016 – 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Brush may be taken by the homeowner to the Township brush drop off site located at the northwest corner of Gleaner and Frost Roads. No stumps, leaves, grass or commercial brush will be accepted. The site will be open from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.