Thomas Township, through the Clerk’s Office, can now accept your passport applications Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
What to bring when applying for your passport:
- Completed passport application. These forms may be obtained at our office or through the US Department of State’s website at www.travel.state.gov. The applications are easy to fill out, but they require detailed personal information, so you are strongly encouraged to obtain the appropriate form and fill it out before you come in.
- New Passports: DS-11 (Gold Form)
- Renewals (Adults): DS-82 (Lavender Form)
- Renewals (Children): DS-11 (Gold Form)
- Birth certificate with a raised seal, or a previously issued US passport issued after your sixteenth birthday, to prove citizenship. These documents will be sent to the Passport Authority along with the passport application but will be returned to you with your new passport.
- Current driver’s license or another form of picture ID.
- Passport photo (taken within 6 months of application) must be provided. Thomas Township does offer passport picture services at our office at a cost of $10.00 per person (fees are subject to change).
- For children under the age of 16, BOTH parents must be present to sign the passport application.
- Children 16 and over will sign on behalf of themselves, but must have some form of picture ID.
- All people applying for a passport must be present when the applications are turned in to us. This includes infants, the elderly and the handicapped. No applications will be accepted without the applying person available.
Due to the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, all travelers to and from Canada and Mexico will need a passport to travel by any means back and forth across the borders. As of this date, anyone traveling from Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada by air or sea will need a passport by June 1, 2009.
Costs for passports are as follows (fees are subject to change):
The Passport Application Fees payable to the US Department of State must be in the form of check, money order or cashier’s check (NO cash, credit or debit cards):
- Passport Book for Adults (Ages 16 and older): $110.00
- Passport Book for Children (Under the age of 16): $80.00
- Passport Card for Adults (Ages 16 and older): $30.00
- Passport Card for Children (Under the age of 16): $15.00
Additional fees payable to Thomas Township, which may be paid for with a check, money order, cashier’s check or CASH (NO credit or debit cards):
- Processing Fee (for New Passport Applications): $25.00
- Passport Photo: $10.00
Current turn around time on passports and passport cards is approximately 4-6 weeks.
For more detailed information, please visit the only OFFICIAL travel website at www.travel.state.gov