What we do…
- Public Works operates and maintains the community drinking water system delivering over 2,700,000 gallons of water a day to over 4,700 customers.
- Public Works operates and maintains 14 sewage pumping stations conveying nearly 1,100,000 gallons of waste water per day for treatment and disposal.
- Public Works operates the Owen Cemetery located on North River Road.
- Public Works maintains 12 other buildings and facilities located township wide.
OLD WATER TOWER DEMOLITION
The old water tower in Thomas Township was dismantled on Tuesday, November 20, 2012.
The old tower serviced the community since 1959. To watch the demolition work
click on the link below:
ODD DAY & EVEN DAY OUTDOOR WATERING RESTRICTIONS BEGIN
June 1, 2012 begins another outdoor watering season, and with it comes the annual odd day or even day watering schedule. It’s easy to remember, if your address is even, you may water outdoors on even days, if your address is odd, you are allowed to water on odd days.
YARD WASTE PICK-UP WILL BEGIN APRIL 5, 2013 AND RUN THROUGH NOVEMBER 22, 2013
BRUSH SITE DATES FOR 2013
Brush may be taken, by the homeowner, to the Township brush drop off site located at the northwest corner of Gleaner and Frost Roads. No stumps, leaves, grass or commercial brush will be accepted. The site will be open from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on the following dates:
April 13, 20, 27
May 4, 11, 18
July 13, 27
August 10, 24
September 14, 21, 28
October 5, 12, 19, 26
Click Here to view 2011 Drinking Water Report
Click Here for Construction Updates
Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions
Click Here for Owen Cemetery
Click Herefor Veteran’s Display Information
Click Here to contact us
Thomas Township Department of Public Works
Rick Hopper, Director
251 Miller Court
Saginaw, MI 48609
(989) 781-6438 (989) 781-0352 Fax
FOR AFTER HOURS EMERGENCIES – DPW PAGER – 222-6043