Thomas Township has been a passport acceptance facility since April of 2005.
Thomas Township, through the Clerk’s Office, can now accept your passport applications Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to noon and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. You will need the following items:
- You will need to fill out your passport application, which you can obtain at our office, or you can fill out and print from the US Department of State’s website at www.travel.state.gov.
The applications are easy to fill out, but they are rather lengthy,
so we suggest you obtain them ahead of time, and fill them out before
you come in.
- You will need to provide us with a birth certificate with a raised seal, or a previously issued US passport issued after your sixteenth birthday, to prove citizenship. These documents get sent in to the Passport Authority and will be returned to you with your passport.
- You will also need to present your drivers license or another form of picture ID.
- Two passport photos must be provided, if you did not bring photos with you, we can take your pictures at our office at a cost of $10.00(fees are subject to change).
- For children under the age of 16, both parents must be present to sign the passport application.
- Children 16 and over will sign on behalf of themselves, but must have some form of picture ID.
- All people applying for a passport must be present when the applications are turned in to us. This includes infants, the elderly and the handicapped. No applications will be accepted without the applying person available.
Due to the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, all travelers to and from Canada and Mexico will need a passport to travel by any means back and forth across the borders. As of this date, anyone traveling from Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada by air or sea will need a passport by June 1, 2009.
Costs for passports will change from time to time, but as of May 1, 2009 the costs are as follows:
The fees to the US Department of State, which must be paid by check, money
order or cashiers check (NO cash, credit or debit cards) is:
- For ages 16 and over the fee to the US Department of State is $110.00;
ages 0-15 the fee to the US Department of State is $80.00
The fees to Thomas Township, which can be paid for with a check, money order, cashiers check or CASH (NO credit or debit cards) is:
- $25.00 for the execution fee
- $10.00 for the picture fee if you need us to
take your picture.
Current turn around time on passports and passport cards is 4-6 weeks. For more detailed information, please visit the only OFFICIAL travel website at www.travel.state.gov