Unauthorized Display of Vehicles For Sales:
A vehicle displayed for sale which has remained on public property or private property zoned B-1, B-2, B-3, B-4, B-5 or M-1 as depicted now or hereafter on the Thomas Township zoning map for a period of forty eight (48) hours after the enforcement agency or other authorized township employee has affixed to the vehicle, a written notice, as specified in this ordinance.
A vehicle includes, but is not limited to, items such as a car, truck, van, motorcycle, bike, all-terrain vehicle, trailer, recreational vehicle, camper, snowmobile, boat, jet ski, or any motorized or non-motorized items customarily towed by a motorized vehicle, whether attached to a vehicle, placed on or in a trailer or freestanding.
Enforcement Agency Procedures:
A. Affix to the vehicle a written notice containing the following information:
- The date and time the notice was affixed.
- The name and address of the enforcement agency taking the action.
- The name of the officer, inspector or authorized employee affixing the notice.
- The date and time the vehicle may be considered a municipal civil infraction and the owner may be issued a municipal civil infraction notice of violation.
- The date and time the vehicle may be considered abandoned, taken into custody, and stored at the owner’s expense or scrapped if the vehicle is not removed pursuant to the abandoned vehicle ordinance.
- The year, make, and vehicle identification number of the vehicle, if available.
B. Attempt to contact the seller by calling the number on the vehicle for sale, if available.
A. The vehicle is parked in a designated parking space and it is driven to and from work on a daily basis by an employee or owner of a business on the same parcel where the vehicle is parked, and the seller has not displayed a vehicle for sale on the parcel within the past six (6) months.
B. The use of the parcel is for a single-, two-, or multiple-family dwelling, no business is located on the parcel, and the vehicle is parked in a designated parking space. The vehicle is owned by the owner or occupant of the dwelling and not more than two (2) vehicles have been displayed for sale by the owner or occupant within any twelve (12) consecutive months.
C. The vehicle is displayed for sale on a Thomas Township approved sales lot, including new or used automobile sales lots.