Everyone is subject to fradulent schemes and con games. Older people in particular seem to frequently be targeted, perhaps because as a group they tend to be more trusting of others and assume the same sincerity in return.
- The greater the potential return, the greater the risk.
- Investments seldom exist without some risk involved.
- Always get information in writing before you give away any money.
- Never let emotions interfere with your business affairs.
- Legitimate offers will always be there tomorrow.
- Take time to do careful research.
- Do not send cash by messenger or over night mail or Western Union to a stranger.
Always remember – If an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
The following are some good websites to visit to help prevent you from being victimized: