Thomas Township Firefighters Association
INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES
1. Amount of scholarship – Up to three $1,000.00 scholarships given annually.
2. The scholarship will be given to:
a. Any high school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent who resides within Thomas Township.
b. First consideration will be given to those in financial need or entering a public safety or health care field.
c. All information submitted will be considered confidential.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
1. The official Thomas Township Scholarship application must be filled out and submitted
2. The candidate must have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better. A copy of the most current transcript mus be submitted.
3. Applicant must be a resident of Thomas Township.
4. Individual interviews may be conducted with each of the final candidates by the selection committee.
5. Two letters of recommendation must be included; letters from emergency service personnel are encouraged, one from a high school representative.
6. The recipient must be pursuing or planning to pursue undergraduate, graduate, or job skills at an accredited university, college or a recognized trade school.
The selection committee will consist of members of the Thomas Township Fire Association Scholarship Committee.
2016-2017 Academic Year
Download the application and return to the Thomas Township Fire Department. Our official application must be submitted. Applications must be received by the Thomas Township Fire Department by
April 28, 2017 for consideration.