Thomas Township Firefighters Association
INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES
1. Amount of scholarship – Up to three $500.00 scholarships given annually.
2. The scholarship will be given to:
a. Any high school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent who resides within Thomas Township.
b. First consideration will be given to those entering an emergency services field.
c. All information submitted will be considered confidential.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
1. The candidate must have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
2. Financial need may be a consideration.
3. Individual interviews may be conducted with each of the final candidates by the selection committee.
4. Two letters of recommendation; letters from emergency service personnel are encouraged, and at least one from a High School Representative.
5. The recipient must be pursuing or planning to pursue undergraduate, graduate, or job skills at an accredited university, college or a recognized trade school.
The selection committee will consist of members of the Thomas Township Fire Association Scholarship Committee.
2013-2014 Academic Year
Download the application and return to the Thomas Township Fire Department. Applications must be received by the Thomas Township Fire Department by
April 25, 2014 for consideration.