Permit to Burn under the provisions of Thomas Township’s Open Burning Ordinance No. 04-F-01, permission is granted this applicant to burn brush during the period specified below.
PERMITS ARE NOT VALID FOR MORE THE FOUR CONSECUTIVE DAYS
PLEASE PRINT THIS PAGE or the CONFIRMING E-MAIL
FOR YOUR PROOF OF PERMIT TO BURN
YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY UNDER LOCAL ORDINANCES PLEASE READ THE OVERVIEW OF RULES BELOW.
Time of Burning: DAYLIGHT HOURS ONLY
Object(s) to be burned: BRUSH ONLY
Overview of some of the rules that apply to burning within Thomas Township:
- BURNING ANYTHING OTHER THAN BRUSH IS PROHIBITED.
- Burning Permits are required to conduct all open burning, excluding cooking fires contained within a barbecue pit or for small recreational fires contained within a pit or approved burning container/receptacle.
- Open burning closer than 300′ from any structure is prohibited.
- No burning in windy conditions (10 mph or more)
- Open burning of brush shall be permitted only during daylight hours.
- A garden hose or other approved fire extinguishing equipment shall be available.
- All open burning shall be constantly attended by a person of at least 18 years of age.
- The Fire Chief or his/her designee is authorized to require that open burning be discontinued if it constitutes a hazardous condition.
Offensive smoke justifies cause to extinguish fire and/or revoke a permit.
WATCH YOUR SMOKE AND PLEASE BE COURTEOUS TO YOUR NEIGHBORS