- Reserves the right to refuse any/all requests.
- Cannot guarantee placement of your banner.
- Requests are handled on a first come, first serve basis.
- Thomas Township events / activities shall be given priority over ALL other requests.
- Only events that are considered community events that are open to the community shall be allowed to be displayed.
- An application MUST be submitted at least 45 days prior to the request for display. This is important because Thomas Township must request approval from MDOT.
- Will provide installation & removal of banner at a cost of $150.00 payable with application.
- Cannot be responsible for any damage incurred by the banner during its display, or installation or removal.
- A copy of the applicants insurance policy with at least $1,000,000 in liability must be presented at the time of application with Thomas Township and Thomas Township DDA listed as an insured party.
- Reserves the right to remove any banner without notice. No refund shall be given to applicants if removed early.
- May set time limits on any banner displayed.
- A maximum of 3 weeks is allowed for a banner to be displayed at any one time prior to an event. (Holiday displays are the exception. In such a case, 6 weeks may be granted.)
- No political banners will be allowed per MDOT rules.
- No banner may advertise for a business or promote an individual sale, or advertise any merchandise per MDOT rules.
- ABSOLUTELY NO sponsorship or business names will be allowed on any banners to be displayed.
MDOT REGULATIONS TO BE AWARE OF, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Banner to be displayed over Gratiot Rd. (M-46) a maximum of 21 days.
- Seasonal banners may be displayed a maximum of 42 days.
- Banners cannot display advertising, promote sales or publicize any merchandise.
- Banners cannot be political in nature.
- Decorations cannot include flashing lights that may distract motorists.
- MDOT may cancel this permit at anytime if it’s installation in anyway becomes dangerous to motorists or interferes with traffic movement.
PLEASE NOTE: “D” RINGS FOR YOUR BANNER MUST BE ABLE TO SNAP ONTO 3/8″ BANNER POLE CABLE