The 2006 Michigan Residential Building Code Section R105.1 states. Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by this code, or to cause any such work to be done, shall first make application to the building official and obtain the required permit.
The following codes are enforced within the Thomas Township:
- 2012 Michigan Building Code (ICC)(effective date 10/9/2014)
- 2009 Michigan Residential Code (ICC)
- 2012 Michigan Rehabilitation of Existing Building (ICC)
- 2009 Michigan Barrier Free Design Graphics Manual
- 2011 Michigan Electrical Code (NEC)
- 2012 Michigan Plumbing Code (ICC)
- The 2009 International Plumbing Code with amendments, deletions and additions will be effective August 20, 2010.
- 2012 Michigan Mechanical Code (ICC)
Additional information on building codes can be found at the State of Michigan website or Building and Construction Quick Links.